1. Private Fees
- The fee for an Initial Consultation is $310. A
rebate of $111.85 is claimable from Medicare.
- The fee for a Review Consultation $190. A rebate
of $73.85 is claimable from Medicare.
- All referrals should be faxed (F: 03 9421 4186), emailed (email@example.com or posted (Suite 8.7, 32 Erin Street, Richmond VIC 3132)
- The referral must contain the private health fund name and membership number and patient contact telephone number.
- 24 Hour notice is required for cancellation of appointments. If this is not received a consultation fee will apply.
- A quote will be provided for all operations except emergencies.
- Written financial consent will be sought and must be signed and returned to the Operations Bookings Secretary prior to surgery, except in emergencies.
- Mr D'Urso accepts various methods of payment including cash, cheque and credit card.
- Full payment is required at time of consultation.
- Mr D'Urso does not bulk bill Medicare.
- Mr D'Urso does not consult with Transport Accident
Commission (TAC) patients.
2. Workcover Patients
Only patients who have sustained injuries whilst working
in the public service in the following occupations will
be 'bulk billed' to their workcover insurer:
i. Police Officers,
ii. Ambulance Officers,
iv. Health para-professionals eg social workers/physiotherapists
vi. Parks and wildlife officers,
vii. Environmental Health Officers,
All other WorkCover patients will be charged a standard
private fee of $280 for the initial consultation, payable at
the time of the visit. If all workcover details have
been supplied all following invoices will be forwarded
directly to the WorkCover insurer.
3. Veteran Affairs Gold Card Holders
Veteran Affairs Gold Card holders will be
billed directly to the Dpt of Veterans Affairs
4. Surgical Assistant
a. All surgical assistant fees will be charged at
20% of Mr. D'Urso's surgical fee.
b. The surgical assistant will issue a seperate invoice
to the patient following surgery.
Click on the below links to see details of Mr D'Urso's
Patients will be given the name and contact details
of their anaesthetist and they will be required to make
their own enquiries regarding their anaesthetists fees.
Click on the below links to see details of Mr. D'Urso's
Before Proceeding to Surgery
A review appointment will be booked for you to consult
with Mr D'Urso to ensure that all aspects of the surgery
have been covered with you prior to proceeding.
If you have private health cover and are proceeding
to surgery an estimated quote for the surgery cost will
be forwarded to you prior to organising the surgery
date. A letter will accompany the quote for surgery,
this letter explains the costs involved with the planned
surgical procedure with Mr D'Urso. Some health funds (MBP, HBA and funds associated under the umbrella of AHSA) have a "known gap" which can effect costs. This relates to some procedures performed at Epworth hospital
Depending on the nature of the surgery, Mr D'Urso pariticipates in the direct billing scheme
(Gap Cover). This relates exclusively to his surgery
at the Epworth Private Hospital, Richmond.
Department of Veteran's Affairs Gold Card holders will
be fully covered by Veteran's Affairs.
If you have a current claim with WorkCover, acceptance
of liability needs to be obtained from the WorkCover